Monday, April 19, 2010

DED 6 Guristas Troop Reinvigoration Camp - How not to do it !

In my home 0.1 low sec system today I started probing and in 30 minutes had found 2 unstable wormholes and a combat site, "Guristas Troop Reinvigoration Camp" which is a DED 6 site, the hardest I've ever attempted. I didn't think I'd be able to do it in my trusty Cerberus but decided to give it a shot.

Room 1 (after the initial acceleration gate) was empty which I think means someone had come in and cleared it. My heart sunk but as I entered room 2 my heart almost lept out of my chest ! Wall to wall rats with 7 Battleships and loads of battlecruisers, cruisers and frigates. I immediately aligned to the station and started firing at the Commander "Intoxicated Commander". Amazingly I cleared the room in 30 minutes without having to warp out and without any armor damage, didn't even go below 25% shields.

Then it all went wrong. I saw the next gate and thought to myself that it would be smart to loot and salvage the wrecks in this pocket before proceeding to the next. Since the 2 special cans were about 100 km away I decided to loot them with my salvager as well. When I came back the cans and gate had gone :( :(

I looted and salvaged everything, no faction drops from the Commander, no good drops at all actually.

I got a total of 5.4 million in bounties. What a shame but I know better next time !

No comments:

Post a Comment