Saturday, August 15, 2015

A New Beginning and Introduction

After a long hiatus from blogging about EVE Online I've decided to start again.  Rather than posting detailed daily updates which I could never keep up with, I'm going to try more of a summary format with maybe one post a week or month.  We'll just have to see how it goes!  In addition to playing EVE I like to keep up with the game by reading other players blogs, especially those of EveHermit, Neville Smit, Gevlon Goblin and until he retired from blogging Jester's Trek and they've inspired me to start blogging again.

I've been playing EVE since 2007 and in that time I've tried many professions including miner, mission runner (including epic arcs and COSMOS), explorer, industrialist, trader, planetary interaction, null sec anomaly runner and wormhole resident in high sec, low sec, null sec and of course wormhole space.  Many of them I've gone back to more than once, especially after large changes such as those in exploration.  Professions that I've not tried out are pvp ones such as pirate and my pvp in general is limited to playing cat and mouse with those who would seek to scratch my shiny ships.

My main character currently has 129 million skill points which combined with the large range of activities I've tried out has I hope given me some useful knowledge that I hope to pass along.  I'm posting under the name Kernow since its where I grew up and I want to state now that none of my in game characters have Kernow in their name.  There are now several in game Kernow's but they aren't me.

As has been mentioned by many others, the New Player Experience in EVE is rough.  Many players start out mission running and judging by some of the killmails I've seen over the years many new players have little idea how to fit their ships.  Searching the internet for ship fits rarely turns up good pve fits and even great resources like EveUniversity rarely have what I would consider good mission ship fits.

I actually like running missions in small doses and I like to fit ships and fly them, lots of them of all races and sizes.  So I set myself a fun little goal a while back, to equip ships from each empire with reasonable T1 or T2 fits and run actual missions with them, not just EFT warrior fit.  I rarely use faction modules now, and I stopped blinging my Caldari Navy Raven with billion ISK modules several years ago once the high sec gank craze caught on.  Luckily I never lost my shiny CNR and the modules now collect dust in a hangar.

In the upcoming posts I'll start with my experiences a few months ago with Gallente mission frigates, destroyers, cruisers, battlecruisers and battleships before moving onto other empires and other topics such as solo wormhole living.

I hope someone out there finds this blog interesting and useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment